I've always wanted Brandi to be able to stay home and work as she pleases with sign language interpreting. She interprets for the Deaf that attend our church and it has been a dream of hers to be able to do so as a vocation instead of volunteer. I can't say that I was quite prepared for the suddenness of her leaving work, but per doctor's suggestion Brandi filed for FMLA and ceased working. She has stayed at home taking it easy, resting, and trying to eat 3,500 calories a day. She said that she never thought she would ever come to a place in her life where she would be tired of eating, but she's arrived. And feeling tired of eating, she's decreased the goal to 3,200 calories. She's doing pretty good at it.
The thought of having twins, hospital bills, doctor bills, specialist bills, etc was daunting enough with two incomes, but now having just one was a bit overwhelming. Amid the many prayers that we send to God about the girls, Brandi has been praying for increased finances. Yesterday my co-workers and I received an email from HR requesting a conference call with "good news." Today we learned that our contract with the military had been renewed and that our annual salaries would receive a 27.5% increase effective next pay period!!! I was floored and texted Brandi during the call what our new annual income would be. She said she was so overjoyed that she began to ugly cry... you know that type of crying that you don't want anyone to ever see you do, nose running, eyes reddening, hyperventilating, blubbing, etc.
God is good and listens to our prayers. I said that I would give Him glory in this pregnancy no matter the outcome. This is just another place where He has shown Himself faithful in taking care of our needs. It also is a relief of financial stress from the both of us. We praise Him and give Him glory for his provision, intervention, and love. This also is an answer to my prayer of God helping my unbelief.
The thought of having twins, hospital bills, doctor bills, specialist bills, etc was daunting enough with two incomes, but now having just one was a bit overwhelming. Amid the many prayers that we send to God about the girls, Brandi has been praying for increased finances. Yesterday my co-workers and I received an email from HR requesting a conference call with "good news." Today we learned that our contract with the military had been renewed and that our annual salaries would receive a 27.5% increase effective next pay period!!! I was floored and texted Brandi during the call what our new annual income would be. She said she was so overjoyed that she began to ugly cry... you know that type of crying that you don't want anyone to ever see you do, nose running, eyes reddening, hyperventilating, blubbing, etc.
God is good and listens to our prayers. I said that I would give Him glory in this pregnancy no matter the outcome. This is just another place where He has shown Himself faithful in taking care of our needs. It also is a relief of financial stress from the both of us. We praise Him and give Him glory for his provision, intervention, and love. This also is an answer to my prayer of God helping my unbelief.